Where is Sanosil typically used in the Process Water Industry?
- Waste water
- Sewage treatment plants (public or industrial)
- Activated Sludge De-bulking in Clarifiers
- Air conditioning systems for the disinfection of humidifiers, air washing devices, ventilation shafts etc
- Cooling towers and cooling water circulation
- Power plants
- Petrochemical plants
- Influent water pre-treatment
- Other industrial facilities
- Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC)
Advantages of Using Sanosil in Process Water
- Tasteless, colourless and odourless
- Does not foam
- No rinsing required
- Can be used over a wide range of pH levels (2-9)
- Effective at water temperatures up to 203°F (95°C) and pH values
- Broad-spectrum efficacy; controls: biofilm, filament-forming bacteria; sulphate-reducing bacteria (SRB) and microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC)
- Kills pseudomonas
- Does not contain chlorine, hypochlorite (bleach), alcohol, aldehydes, phenols, formaldehyde, ammonium compounds, quats or sodium hydroxide
- Does not lead to the formation of the VOC’s, THM’s, HAA5’s, Chloramines, salts
- Decomposes into water and oxygen
- Chemically compatible with other biocides
- Biocatalytical effect (process acceleration by oxygenation)
- Control of filament–forming bacteria
- Oxidation of sulphur and phenolic components
- Sanosil is NOT Hydrogen Peroxide
- Sanosil has multiple mechanisms of killing action. H202 has one.
- Sanosil has exceptional in-use stability and efficacy, providing long-term residual antimicrobial effect. H2O2 rapidly decomposes in-use without leaving any residual.
- H2O2 produces 3x more gas than Sanosil.
- Sanosil is an excellent source when supplemental oxygen is required to increase capacity of biological oxidation.
- Sanosil is a simple and effective treatment for de-bulking activated sludge, eliminating filamentous bacteria and maintains clean status for weeks or months.
- Sanosil has demonstrated to significantly reduce TTHM, HAA% as well as improved TOC reduction in doses as low as 0.5 mg/L.
- Sanosil can be used to oxidize sulphides present in waste water. Sanosil may also be used as a final polishing treatment to meet discharge standards when air oxidation on the presence with catalysts is not sufficient.
- Sanosil can be used for sulphide control in poorly ventilated pipelines, sewers and large catchment areas.
- Sanosil can completely and irreversibly eliminate Hydrogen Sulphide, preventing formulation and destroying it if already present.
- Easily measured and regulated by off-the shelf dosing equipment.
Within the process water industry there are many specific and common areas where effective and economic disinfection is not only desirable, but often a regulatory requirement. These areas include:
- Activation plants
- Air conditioning/ventilation systems
- Chemical industry
- Paper industry
- Precious metal extraction
- Sanitary installations
- Surface disinfection
- Water treatment
Trusted by Cooling Towers Worldwide
Sanosil is a unique and powerful oxidizing biocide that controls microbiological growth in cooling tower systems. Sanosil reduces water treatment costs, facility lifecycle costs, and water consumption.
Sanosil is efficient, stable and its performance is unaffected by pH. Sanosil has a shelf life of greater than one year; months longer than chlorine bleach. And because of its overall effectiveness, customers need only 1/10th to 1/15th the volume of Sanosil when compared to traditional oxidizing biocides like bleach.
Sanosil is easy to feed to your cooling tower. Benefits include: simplified offloading operations, reduced traffic, and the elimination of troublesome bleach pumping systems. Sanosil is compatible with existing water treatment programs.
Productivity and Cost Benefits
In industrial facilities worldwide, Sanosil is proven to be highly cost competitive, safe and thoroughly effective at controlling fouling and corrosion.
- Driving down costs
- As a rule of thumb, it takes 10-15x less volume to treat a system with Sanosil when compared to other biocides.
- Smaller product footprint resulting in cost savings on transportation and storage fees
- Increasing productivity
- Increasing process uptime
- Improved heat transfer rates
- Increased cycles of concentration (COC)
- Minimal downtime and start-up costs to convert
- Overall energy savings
- Conserving water
- Sanosil does not leave behind salt deposits therefore; it decreases tower blowdown and new water intake.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.